Our 2018 Holiday Gift Guide for the healthy home chef! Perfect stocking stuffers for the healthy home cook that won’t break the bank. These are some of my favorite high-quality products that we use all the time!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust.
Stocking stuffers are all about quality, not quantity. We love to give (and get gadgets) along with a fun little extras so we can put those gadgets to use.
1) This Microplane Tool is easily my most used specialty gadget. From parmesan cheese to lemon zest I use it several times a week. Much higher quality than the typically Microplane, it doesn’t come with the high price tag that most rock-solid gadgets come with. My grandmother would always put an orange in our stocking, a tradition from her childhood. I think adding citrus fruit with the Microplane would be adorable!
2) A simple salt cellar is convenient for the home cook but it also needs to be attractive. Look for one made of bamboo like this one or one made of marble to keep the salt dry. A salt cellar sits on the counter so attractive is key!
3) Sipwell Stainless Straws come in a 4 pack and are perfect for smoothies, cocktails, and shakes. Plus their sustainable nature is a double bonus. As more restaurants ban disposable straws having extra reusable staws comes in very handy!
5) We have these adorable Turkish hand towels for our “pretty” kitchen towels. They are functional (i.e. they absorb well). But they also look great. We also love these flour sack towels for everyday use but they definitely don’t have the same show-stopping effect.
6) In my post on 12 Easy Ways to Eat More Vegetables talked about this awesome julienne hand peeler. It is so much easier to manage than a spiralizer (although you can’t go wrong with that either) and the perfect little gadget to make a quick salad or veggie noodles. I also think if you are cooking for one (or two) a julienne hand peeler works just as well as a spiralizer.
7) High quality kitchen shears! Kitchen shears that break apart are easy to clean and sharpen, extending their life. We use them for breaking down whole chickens, opening bags and even cutting herbs. I love them! They are probably our most used kitchen gadget and so much better than scissors.
8) Every great chef knows that salt brings out the flavor in foods. A classic finishing salt is always a great gift. We love this Maldon Smoked Sea Salt but if that is too out there for your favorite healthy cook try the regular Maldon Sea Salt. The big flaky salt is perfect for finishing any dish! Pairing this salt with a cute salt cellar makes for a perfect small gift as well. Universally used by anyone who cooks at home. try it for your next gift exchange.
Also, let us know in the comments what are your gift ideas for the healthy home cook?