Herby Turkey Kale Soup
Low carb turkey soup with kale “noodles” and a punch of oregano
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lg onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 4-5 med carrots, diced or cut into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 c chicken bone broth or stock
- 1 c tomato, diced
- 4 c kale, roughly chopped or cut into ribbons for "noodles"
- 3/4 oz pkg fresh oregano, chopped
Heat coconut oil in a stockpot over medium heat
Add onions, celery and carrots. Cook until softened, 8-10 minutes.
Add garlic and turkey, 5-7 minutes or until turkey is browned. Use a fork to break into pieces.
Add broth and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
Add kale and oregano, cook 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- AIP Compliant
- Both fresh and canned tomatoes work equally well
- If you can't find fresh oregano, substitute parsley