Rainbow Potato Salad with Cilantro-Olive Vinaigrette
A new twist on your classic side dish perfect for pot lucks and picnics.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 lb purple potatoes, cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 red onion, sliced into large rounds
- 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 c kalamata olives, halved
- 1 recipe Cilantro & Olive Vinaigrette
- cilantro, for garnish
- salt & pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, cooking until just soft. Drain and cool to room temperature.
While the potatoes are cooking, roast the peppers and onion. Brush with olive oil. OPTION 1: grill on medium for 12-14 minutes until charred, turning often. OPTION 2: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roast on a sheet pan until charred, 20 minutes.
Allow peppers and onion to cool to room temperature and then dice.
Combine potatoes, peppers, onions and olives large bowl. Drizzle with the Olive & Cilantro Vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- To prevent a transfer of color you can boil the purple and sweet potatoes separately.
- I do not salt the peppers and onions for roasting as the dressing can be rather salty depending on your olives. I salt and pepper at the end, if needed.
- The peppers and onions can be made ahead, so I typically grill them when I have the grill on for other things.