Spicy Avocado Coleslaw
Spicy avocado coleslaw is a healthy paleo version that is gluten, dairy and sugar free. Recipe includes a vegan option!
Prep Time20 mins
Resting Time4 hrs
Total Time20 mins
- 1 Avocado, peeled and chunked
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, cut in half
- 1/2 c mayonnaise sub vegan mayo, if needed
- 2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 small head purple cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 2 carrots, shredded about 1 cup
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
To make the dressing place avocado, jalapeno, mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar and salt into food processor. Blend until smooth.
Toss veggies in large mixing bowl. Pour dressing over the veggies and mix to evenly coat. Allow to rest 4 hours in the refrigerator. Salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- For AIP compliant, substitute 1 tsp wasabi powder for the jalapeno and omit pepper.