Paleo Swimming Rama
Fake Out the Take Out! Call it Rama Thai or Praram Lhong Srong or Swimming Rama or Khao Phra Ram Long Song. We don't care because our paleo copycat version is one pot and ready in under 15 minutes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 5 oz baby spinach
- optional garnishes cilantro, chili oil, thai chili peppers, sesame seeds
Swimming Rama Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1 1″ piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
In a large sauce pan bring one inch of water to boil. Add steamer basket and broccoli and cover. Steam for 6 minutes or until broccoli is fork tender. Add spinach on top of the broccoli and cook for 30 to 60 seconds until spinach is just wilted. Arrange broccoli and spinach on the platter. Remove steamer basket and drain water, return pot to stove.
While the broccoli is cooking prepare the sauce. Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend 1 minute or until smooth.
Remove the skin from the chicken and pull the chicken from the bones and arrange on a large platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Add sauce to dry pan and cook on medium heat until boiled through. Taste for heat and add more red pepper, if needed.
- Sub steamed or poached chicken breast if rotisserie chicken isn't available.
- For quick prep I used washed and bagged broccoli and spinach.
- Frozen broccoli can be substituted.