Roasted cranberries, a classic healthy holiday dish that is easy enough for every day. Flavored with bourbon and orange this recipe does triple duty as a side dish, a sauce, and a dessert.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 small orange, juiced & zested set aside 1/2 the zest, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp bourbon or apple juice
- 2 Tbsp honey or coconut sugar for vegan
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of kosher salt
Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a 9-inch baking dish. Stir until well combined.
Bake for 45 minutes or until cranberries are soft and liquid has reduced by two-thirds.
Serve as desired.
- To serve as a side dish- top with orange zest and serve.
- To serve as a sauce- add 3 to 4 tbsp of water before baking. Reduce liquid by 1/3 and pulse with an immersion blender to barely break up the cranberries. It should still be chunky.
- To serve as a dessert- double honey before baking. Top with whipped cream and orange zest when serving.