Classic Eggnog- Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free
A classic eggnog with a healthier spin.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 1 liter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c macadamia nut milk, divided substitute any nut or non-dairy milk
- 14 oz coconut milk, full fat approx 1 can
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c spiced rum
- 1/2 c cognac
- 1 c whiskey
In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, honey, maple syrup, and nutmeg and cinnamon until well combined and thickened slightly.
In a medium saucepan, heat 1 cup macadamia nut milk and coconut milk over medium heat until steaming.
While whisking the egg mixture, slowly drizzle the steaming milk mixture into the egg mixture, tempering the eggs. Whisk until well combined.
Remove from heat and immediately stir in the remaining macadamia nut milk. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
Stir in all the liquors and vanilla extract.
Chill thoroughly (about 6 hours) and serve very chilled with fresh nutmeg sprinkled on top.
- Any nut milk or non-dairy milk will due but this macadamia nut milk has an extra sweetness with no added sugar.
- Suggest chilling at least 24 hours to take the bite out of the whiskey.
- Eggnog will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.