Charred Cauliflower Steaks with Curry Sauce
Breakout the grill for this vegetarian steak alternative. Colorful cauliflower steaks and a flavorful curry dressing is as easy to make as it is good for you!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, any color
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise sub plain cashew or soy yogurt for vegan
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp honey sub coconut sugar for vegan
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch salt
- 2 cracks black pepper
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1/3 c sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 c parlsey, chopped
Preheat grill to medium heat, roughly 400 degrees.
Remove green leaves from cauliflower, leaving the core intact. Using a large knife, cut the heads into 3/4 to 1 inch thick steaks. Brush both sides of the steaks with oil, salt and pepper to preference.
Place cauliflower steaks on grill. Grill for 8 minutes per side until tender and charred.
Serve cauliflower steaks on a platter and drizzle with curry sauce and garnish with raisins, almonds and parsley.
- We prefer 1 TBSP of curry powder but many people find this over powering. Start with 2 tsps and add more to your liking.
- If any florets come apart they can be cooked in a grill pan along side the steaks.
- When making this vegan we opt for cashew yogurt in place of mayo and a pinch of coconut sugar rather than honey.
- Dressing and toppings are not AIP compliant
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Place cauliflower steaks on baking sheet. Cook 8-10 minutes per side.
- When just tender, turn on broiler and char the tops of the steaks.