I love summer because we grill almost every night. I like to say it is because I adore dishes like these awesome charred cauliflower steaks with curry sauce. Which is true….
But I also hate to do dishes. So, a simple vegetarian meal like cauliflower steaks served with a green salad is right up my alley. Pin this now! You are going to be making it all summer long.
The curry sauce gives the cauliflower steaks a seriously needed tang! I got the inspiration for the curried chicken salad at Whole Foods. I am not a huge raisin fan but I love the combination of curry, raisins and almonds.
Chicken, cauliflower, it doesn’t matter. It is all good in our house. But as you know I am seriously addicted to crazy cauliflower recipes. And the crazier the color the happier I am. We are eating the rainbow and feeling great.
Can we go back to the dishes thing for a minute? Does anyone actually LIKE to do dishes? Well, if you do check out the recipe for an oven baked vegan cauliflower steak option.
Or you know, if it is winter and you don’t want to go outside. Either way. Just don’t forget the curry sauce!
How to Make Charred Cauliflower Steaks with Curry Sauce
Super simple instructions. The sauce and garnishes can easily be made while the steaks are cooking.
For the sauce, blend all the ingredients until smooth. We included both vegan and vegetarian option. We use a touch of honey and garlic but a great substitution is a Fermented Garlic Honey. One shot and done.
For the cauliflower steaks, simply brush with oil and grill just as you would any old steak.
Now you can nicely arrange on a platter, drizzle on the curry sauce and artfully arrange the toppings. Or if you can wait throw it all on the plate and dig in. We promise you are going to love this recipe for charred cauliflower steaks with curry dressing. Nom nom nom.
Let us know what you think the recipe and be sure to follow us on Pintrest for more great recipes!
Charred Cauliflower Steaks with Curry Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower, any color
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise sub plain cashew or soy yogurt for vegan
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp honey sub coconut sugar for vegan
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch salt
- 2 cracks black pepper
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1/3 c sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 c parlsey, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium heat, roughly 400 degrees.
- Remove green leaves from cauliflower, leaving the core intact. Using a large knife, cut the heads into 3/4 to 1 inch thick steaks. Brush both sides of the steaks with oil, salt and pepper to preference.
- Place cauliflower steaks on grill. Grill for 8 minutes per side until tender and charred.
- Serve cauliflower steaks on a platter and drizzle with curry sauce and garnish with raisins, almonds and parsley.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and whip until smooth. For a thinner dressing add 1 TBSP of warm water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- We prefer 1 TBSP of curry powder but many people find this over powering. Start with 2 tsps and add more to your liking.
- If any florets come apart they can be cooked in a grill pan along side the steaks.
- When making this vegan we opt for cashew yogurt in place of mayo and a pinch of coconut sugar rather than honey.
- Dressing and toppings are not AIP compliant
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Place cauliflower steaks on baking sheet. Cook 8-10 minutes per side.
- When just tender, turn on broiler and char the tops of the steaks.