Our quick and easy garlic green beans recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Garlic lovers rejoice! Fresh green beans make this recipe a snap. Garlic green beans pair perfectly with baked chicken or grilled steaks.
Things have been quite busy in the Peel household. Getting together recipes for the holidays and I am preparing for my little sister’s bridal shower. We are going with a Persian themed menu… I am so excited, but I have remade the saffron rice at least 5 times to get it just right! Hopefully, that will turn into a blog post in the end. But in the meantime…
I have been relying on super quick flavor-packed recipes for dinner. Which is exactly what this sauteed green bean recipe is! Garlic lovers should rejoice. We went extra garlicky on this one. Have you heard of 40 cloves garlic chicken? Think of this fresh green bean recipe as the side dish version of that.
I like to pair it with a simple protein and a sweeter side dish. Speaking of which, have you tried our Healthy Sweet Potato Crunch? No? Well, you need to ASAP. We think the humble sweet potato makes a perfect complimentary side dish to our garlic greens beans.
What is in Garlic Green Beans?
As promised, we made this recipe quick and easy. So just a few ingredients with loads or flavor. We made each one count.
- Fresh green beans
- Garlic… lots of garlic
- Chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegan) to add a richer flavor
- Lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
How to Make Garlic Green Beans
To start, melt olive oil or ghee in a large skillet (make sure to use one with a lid). Sauté the garlic to bring out the sweetness. Add the green beans and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cover for 6 to 8 minutes.
When the green beans are ALMOST done, remove the lid and add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook until the liquid evaporates and the green beans are fork tender.
If the green beans get too dry you can add a few tablespoons of water to help them finish cooking. Serve immediately. Be sure to get all the garlicky goodness out of the pan!
Check out more of our favorite vegetable side dishes!
Garlic Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 4 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, to taste
- Wash and trim the ends of the green beans.
- Heat oil or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the green beans and toss to coat.
- Add stock and cover skillet. Cook 6 to 8 minutes until green beans are al dente.
- Uncover the skillet and add the salt and lemon juice. Cook until liquid evaporates and green beans are tender. Add a few cracks of black pepper and add additional salt if needed.