An easy side dish, these Baked Mushrooms with a balsamic and thyme sauce take just 20 minutes. These are easy to make for meal prep and have only 5 minutes of hands on time. Yet they coated with the tastiest balsamic sauce ever.
You can serve these with just about any dish. But we love them with roasted pork or over risotto in the cold months and next to a perfectly grilled steak in warm weather. And with just a few easy ingredients you can make them almost any time!
Please read the entire post for tips and tricks to ensure a perfect recipe every time. And don't forget to tag @peelwithzeal on Instagram so we can admire your creation!
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A few simple ingredients plus a few substitute options so you can make this any night of the week.
- Mushrooms- Any small mushroom will work. You can try baby bellas, cremini, button mushrooms, or chestnut mushrooms. You want them in bite-size pieces, 1 inch or so.
- Garlic- Fresh chopped garlic to give it a little zing.
- Fresh Thyme- At least 8 sprigs but you can do more if you like. Try rosemary, sage, or savory for
- Sauce- Our marinade is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and honey. For a vegetarian version of this recipe sub soy sauce for the Worchestershire.
- Vegetable Stock- At the end of the baking we are going to deglaze the pan. You can sub chicken stock if you aren't worried about keeping vegetarian.
This a very simple recipe of tossing the mushrooms in the marinade and doing a quick roast. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, we want it nice and hot.
In a mixing bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire, honey, salt, pepper. Add the mushrooms and thyme, toss to coat. If you want to pre-prep the mushrooms you can do this the night before. Cover and store in the fridge.
Spread the prepared mushrooms on a large baking sheet. Bake for 15, give them a flip halfway through. The mushrooms shouldn't be dried out. You want them to be soft and a little juicy.
Deglaze the pan by adding the vegetable stock to the sheet pan and scrape up any sauce sticking to the pan. Garnish with thyme leaves and serve.
We love our roasted vegetables. Here are some our other easy oven back
Baked Mushrooms with Balsamic
- Sheet pan
- Medium mixing bowl
- 24 oz mushrooms, halve or quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce sub soy sauce for vegetarian
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, whole plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, worcestershire, honey, salt, pepper. Add the mushrooms and thyme, toss to coat.
- Spread the prepared mushrooms on a large baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Flipping halfway through.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan and scrape up any sauce sticking to the pan. Garnish with thyme leaves and serve.
- Mushrooms will keep in in airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.