Cashew Butter Cookies are a delicious twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. These flourless delights are not only thick and chewy but also packed with the rich, nutty goodness of cashew butter and dark chocolate. Use my easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions for yummy cashew cookies in just 15 minutes!
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cashew lovers rejoice! This is the gluten-free cookie for you!
📖Why This Recipe Works
This recipe is based on my flourless peanut butter cookies which have quickly become a reader favorite.
Truly Flourless- When I say flourless, I also mean no xanthan gum, no almond flour, etc.
Homemade Cashew Butter- Yes you can use store-bought but I prefer homemade. Plus you can make it crunchy if you want.
These flourless cashew butter cookies are naturally gluten-free.
Cashew Butter- You need to use cashew butter made without sugar. I usually make my own homemade cashew butter but you can use storebought. Note that you can use any type of nut butter. Almond butter is an excellent variation.
Sugar- This recipe uses a mix of white sugar and light brown sugar. If you want to substitute coconut sugar you can do so for the combined amount, i.e. ¾ cup.
Baking Soda- Use baking soda to make the cookies chewy. Baking powder would make them fluffy.
Chocolate Chips- If you're dairy-free be sure to check the label.
⏲️How to Make Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
The creaming method means beating fat and sugar until light and creamy. In this recipe that is the cashew butter and sugars. You will need a hand mixer for this portion.
Beat in the egg, baking soda, and vanilla.
Stir your chocolate in by hand.
Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and gently press down the tops.
There is no need to use parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Bake the cookies for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to the rack.
👩🏻🍳 Expert Tips
- Bring the egg to room temperature. A room-temperature egg will blend more easily with the cookie dough for a smoother texture.
- If the cashew butter you use is unsalted, add ¼-⅓ of kosher salt.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- You can make these cookies with any mix-ins. Try M&Ms for a fun trist.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
For longer storage, freeze the cookies in a freezer bag for up to three months.
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Did You Enjoy Making This Recipe? Please rate this recipe with ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ or leave a comment. It helps other wonderful people connect with our food.
Chocolate Chip Cashew Butter Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together cashew butter and both types of sugar. Add egg, baking soda, and vanilla extract. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the chocolate pieces.1 cup cashew butter, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup light brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup dark chocolate
- Use a cookie cookie scoop to portion out. Roll the dough into 12 balls and gently push down the tops.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 4 to 5 minutes on the baking sheet then move them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- If your cashew butter is unsalted add ¼ to ⅓ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Place ¾ cup raw cashews on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 F degrees.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Then blend for 5 to 10 minutes until a paste forms