If you're someone who likes to keep their salads fresh, healthy, and full of flavor, then this Asian-inspired salad dressing is for you. This orange ginger salad dressing recipe is sure to tantalize your taste buds. This dressing is perfect for those who love a little sweetness in their salads but also crave some zingy spice.
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
📖Why This Recipe Works
This orange salad dressing has a lovely citrusy flavor with the toasty flavors of sesame. The sesame gives this recipe a depth of flavor many homemade vinaigrettes are lacking.
Orange- This recipe uses orange zest and fresh orange juice for maximum citrus flavor.
Rice Vinegar- This light vinegar compliments the orange flavors.
Sesame Oil- If you don't have sesame oil on hand you can use a neutral vegetable oil like avocado oil.
Honey- Use a simple syrup, agave, or maple syrup to keep this recipe vegan.
Soy Sauce - For gluten-free use tamari. You could also use a little white miso paste as an alternative.
Fresh Ginger- Ground ginger just isn't the same.
Sesame Seeds- Use black or white sesame seeds.
See the recipe card for exact quantities.
🍲How to Make Orange Ginger Dressing
This recipe is made either by hand or with a blender. Mix all the ingredients, except the oil. Slowly stream in the oil while vigorously whisking.
Serve on salad, poke bowls, or use as a marinade.
For a spicy kick try adding crushed red pepper flakes, a dash of hot sauce, or sriracha.
Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days. Shake well before using.
❤️More Homemade Salad Dressings
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use grapefruit in place of the orange.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Orange Ginger Dressing with Sesame
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 orange zested
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil or substitute olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or sub tamari for gluten-free
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted black or white (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Alternatively, you can blend or put in a mason jar and shake to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.¼ cup orange juice, 1 orange, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, ¼ cup sesame oil, 1 Tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, 2 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, Salt and pepper
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 to 10 days.
- If using a blender or food processor, do not add the sesame seeds until after the dressing is combined.