Roasted zucchini is a great addition to any meal. Baked in the oven, this recipe is versatile and easy. Use in your favorite lunch bowl, serve over pasta or as part of a veggie sammie. Roasted zucchini can be made in
We have been on a roasting streak in the Peel house lately. Maybe itis the colder weather. You can check out our most recent slow roasted tomatoes and our roasted garlic to see what I am talking about. Serious goodness!
Not sure how make zucchini quickly without the rubberiness or excess water? Then this recipe is for you!
How to Make Perfectly Roasted Zucchini
Start by prepping the zucchini. Trim both ends and then slice 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Alternately you can oil the baking sheet but I find parchment works better.
Arrange the zucchini on the baking sheet so the slices are not touching. Lightly oil both sides. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Roast in a 400 F degree oven for 10 minutes. Flip halfway through for even caramelization.
How to Use Roasted Zucchini
While roasted zucchini is great on its own as a side dish we find it is one of those vegetables that can be incorporated into a variety of dishes
- Served with roasted eggplant, top with feta (optional), toasted pine nuts, and fresh parsley
- Tossed with marinara and fresh parsley
- On top of lemon chicken piccata
- Over a salad with marinated artichokes, roasted peppers, Kalamata olives
- As part of
veggiestack with basil pesto On a roasted veggie sandwich
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or brush the pan with olive oil.
- Cut zucchini diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place on parchment paper. Brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender, 10 minutes. Flipping halfway through.