Roasted zucchini is a great addition to any meal. Baked in the oven, this recipe is versatile and easy. Use in your favorite lunch bowl, serve over pasta or as part of a veggie sammie. Roasted zucchini can be made in
We have been on a roasting streak in the Peel house lately. Maybe it is the colder weather. You can check out our most recent slow roasted tomatoes and our roasted garlic to see what I am talking about. Serious goodness!
Not sure how make zucchini quickly without the rubberiness or excess water? Then this recipe is for you!
How to Make Perfectly Roasted Zucchini
Start by prepping the zucchini. Trim both ends and then slice 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Alternately you can oil the baking sheet but I find parchment works better.
Arrange the zucchini on the baking sheet so the slices are not touching. Lightly oil both sides. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Roast in a 400 F degree oven for 10 minutes. Flip halfway through for even caramelization. Roasted zucchini shouldn’t be mushy or rubbery. A nice firm texture with a light crunch and golden brown.
How to Use Roasted Zucchini
While roasted zucchini is great on its own as a side dish we find it is one of those vegetables that can be incorporated into a variety of dishes
- Served with roasted eggplant, top with feta (optional), toasted pine nuts, and fresh parsley
- Tossed with marinara and fresh parsley
- On top of lemon chicken piccata
- Over a salad with marinated artichokes, roasted peppers, Kalamata olives
- As part of
veggiestack with basil pesto
- On a roasted veggie sandwich
Want to jazz up your zucchini to use as a side dish?
Seasoning Ideas for Zucchini
While this recipe is for the basics of roasting zucchini we get you might want to jazz it up a bit more than salt and pepper. Here are some of our favorite seasoning blends to top your veggies…
- Lemon- Pepper seasoning blend
- Za’atar spice blend
- Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes
- Madras curry powder
- Fennel, onion powder and garlic powder
- Cumin, coriander and chili powder
- Paprika and celery salt (hold the kosher salt) with a pinch of cumin
- Dry Italian seasoning
And be sure to check out our other roasted vegetable recipes:
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- Roasted Bell Peppers
- Roasted Red Onions
- How to Roast Eggplant
- How to Roast Portabella Mushrooms
- Roasted Watermelon Radishes
- Roasted Carrots with Lemon- Sesame Dressing
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or brush the pan with olive oil.
- Cut zucchini diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place on parchment paper. Brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender but still crunchy, 10-15 minutes. Flipping halfway through.