Calling all dog people! I know you proudly throw birthday parties for your pooches. And what better way to celebrate than with this easy peanut butter pumpkin pupcake recipe with a two-ingredient peanut butter frosting? Cupcakes have gone to the dogs! I am pretty sure that isn’t bad thing.
Our little baby, Fritz, was turning two and we planned a little picnic but April showers got the better of our plans. We moved the PAWTY indoors. See what I did there? Love a good puppy pun. Anyways, Fritz enjoyed sharing his pumpkin pupcakes with his friends.
How to Make Pumpkin Pupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting?
First off, skip the cupcake liners and simply brush the muffin tins with vegetable oil. While the oven is preheating mix all the pupcake ingredients together. Fill the muffin cups half full, or slightly more, and bake until cooked through. Human rules apply, clean toothpick means they are done.
While the pumpkin pupcakes are baking, mix together the yogurt and peanut butter. I find this is easiest when the peanut butter is at room temperature. Be sure to check the ingredients, both the yogurt and peanut butter need to be all-natural, without any sweetener.
Once the pupcakes have cooled. You can frost them as fancy as you want. Warning, there are so tasty your dog probably won’t take the time to appreciate it.
If you liked this recipe definitely check out our healthy people recipes here!
Looking for more dog treat recipes? Check out these Watermelon and Carrot Pupsicles to help keep your dog cool and hydrated on hot days!
Updates on our Foster Dogs
Right now, we are fostering Rocky, who is available for adoption through RESCUEDohio. He is a 6-year-old bundle of love. Rocky and Fritz went nuts over their pumpkin pupcakes. Fritz was all about the cake and Rocky was all about that peanut butter frosting. Let’s be real, this post is entirely so I brag about how cute my dogs are being right now.
Show us your puppy pawty pics in the comments!
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pup-Cakes
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend or plainn brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter use natural, no sugar added
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil plus more for cake pan
Dog Safe Frosting
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add baking soda into flour. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Brush oil inside cupcake tin. Fill each cupcake half full with batter. Place in oven and bake 25 minutes or until done. Turning halfway through baking. Allow to cool thoroughly before frosting.
Dog Safe Frosting
- Mix yogurt and peanut butter until well combined. Frost pupcakes once cooled.