Simple baked salmon dinner with Pineapple and Cucumber relish. The relish is similar to salsa but with no heat. Refreshing and ready in under 20 minutes. How much do you love this easy weeknight dinner?
We serve with our favorite garlic green beans or a simple salad dressed with lemon and a dash of EVOO.
Please read the entire post for tips and tricks to ensure a perfect recipe every time. And don't forget to tag @peelwithzeal on Instagram so we can admire your creation!
Why We Love This Recipe
This recipe came together after combining several cooking tips and no-cook sauces. I was looking at the blog trying to figure out what I could make for dinner. And this is was the inspiration I found.
- Ready in Under 20 Minutes- Quick and easy dinners that are refreshing and healthy can be hard to find. While the salmon is roasting and then resting we have more than enough time to prepare the relish and the salad.
- Refreshing Flavors- Pineapple has two seasons- all winter and mid to late summer. We love that we can get ripe pineapple pretty much year-round. It feels special. Combined with the cucumber and mint, it pops!
- It is Real Meal- This roasted salmon recipe feels fancy but it is easy to make.
- Frozen or Fresh Salmon- Roasting salmon can be used with either. And by roasting salmon at 425 F degrees it takes less than 10 minutes. Don't forget to the brine your salmon to reduce the white protein that oozes out during cooking!
Salmon Dinner Ingredients and Substitutions
- Salmon- Use fresh or frozen. But if salmon isn't available we like this recipe with mahi-mahi, tilapia or tuna.
- Pineapple- Fresh is best, frozen can be substituted. Don't use canned pineapple in this recipe. The syrup is too sweet for the fish and overpowers this cucumber.
- Cucumber- We like English cucumbers, but any variety will work.
- Cilantro & Mint- We love this herb combo, and you definitely want to use fresh. But not everyone loves cilantro. To make this salsa without cilantro try substituting parsley, basil or Thai basil.
- Roasted- This recipe calls for oven-roasted, but works as a grilled or pan-seared recipe as well.
Please leave us a comment and let us know how this recipe worked for you. Don't forget to share your creation on Instagram. Tagging us @peelwithzeal or #peelwithzeal
Roasted Salmon with Pineapple Relish
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Remove salmon from the brine. Rinse and pat dry. Place salmon on rimmed baking sheet. Brush with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until flaky for medium-rare. For well done 10-12 minutes.
Pineapple, Cucumber and Mint Relish
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Salt to taste.
- Place salmon fillets on a platter. Spoon a ¼ cup of relish over each fillet. Serve the remaining relish on the side.