Easy cauliflower rice pilaf recipe turned low carb with a blend of wild rice and cauliflower rice. We added grapes and herbs for a sophisticated blend that is easy to make.
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Is cauliflower rice so totally over? I hope not. We eat it in many different forms a few times per week.
But this Cauliflower Rice Pilaf Recipe is by far my favorite. It is still lower in carbs but the small amount of actual wild rice (which is a native grass to the Great Lakes, BTW) gives it an earthy chewiness that takes it to a whole other level.
But I have some VERY strong opinions about cauliflower rice, pilaf, or otherwise.
Sometimes I don't see the point of ricing cauliflower when you can just eat these awesome cauliflower steaks. Ok the Cauliflower police are really upset now
📖Why This Recipe Works
It combines a small amount of actual wild rice to make the wild rice. While still being low carb, it gives the cauliflower rice pilaf texture.
The grapes give a special feel with minimal effort. A juicy burst and extra color on the plate. It is just all around my favorite cauliflower recipe!
Cauliflower Rice Pilaf Ingredients
Cauliflower- Did I mention no one should ever rice cauliflower on their own? Use your favorite fresh or frozen riced cauliflower.
I riced the cauliflower once on my own. Uhg the mess! Never again. We now buy the giant frozen multi-pack from Costco or Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower.
Wild Rice- Use any type of wild rice. I prefer the long grain to contrast with the small pieces of cauliflower rice.
If you want to keep this totally low-carb substitute slivered almonds.
Grapes- Fresh red grapes, get seedless for ease of use.
Herbs- Parsley is our herb of choice but chervil, summer savory, or fresh oregano would all be good choices.
How to Rice Cauliflower
To rice cauliflower, cut it into small florets, and pulse it in a food processor for about 30 to 60 seconds until it resembles rice grains.
Do not over process or it will turn to paste.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
We are going to cook the wild rice and cauliflower rice separately and combine them at the end.
Step 1- Cook Wild Rice
To start, prepare the rice according to the package instructions. Wild rice typically takes longer to cook, around 45 minutes.
Step 2- Cook the Cauliflower Rice
While the wild rice is cooking, sauté the diced onion. Add the cauliflower rice and heat until just cooked through.
If you are using fresh rice try adding a splash of chicken stock to help cook the rice through without burning.
Step 3- Assemble
Add the wild rice and grapes. You want the grapes to be just cooked through. Toss in the fresh parsley. Done! Simple and yet beautiful and tasty.
More Low-Carb Recipes
Store leftover cauliflower rice in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
I like to heat it just slightly (barely more than room temperature) and add it to a spinach salad with grilled BBQ chicken. Yum!
Now time to tell the truth…. Do you rice your own cauliflower? buy frozen or fresh riced cauli? Let us know in the comments!
Did You Enjoy Making This Recipe? Please rate this recipe with ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ or leave a comment. It helps other wonderful people connect with my food.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Cauliflower Rice Pilaf with Grapes
- Rinse the wild rice. Bring stock and salt to a boil, stir in wild rice, and cover. Turn heat to low and cook per package directions, typically about 45 minutes. Drain any excess liquid. If using almonds toast in a dry pan on medium heat until they smell nutty- about 5 minutes.⅓ cup wild rice, 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock, pinch kosher salt
- While the rice is cooking, prep your other vegetables. Melt ghee in large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, cook 5-7 minutes until soft.1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil, ¾ cup white onion, 3 cups cauliflower
- Add cauliflower rice, cook until just tender. Add wild rice and grapes, heat until the grapes are warmed.2 cups red grapes (seedless)
- Stir in parsley and salt & pepper to taste.½ cup fresh parsley
- If you rice your own cauliflower you can also grate the onion rather than chop for an even texture.
- Using almonds will make the recipe low-carb/ keto. Using wild rice keeps it lower carb but not keto.