Not sure what to do with that pound of ground turkey sitting in the fridge? No worries! We have partnered we some of our favorite recipe creators to bring you the ultimate list of gluten-free ground turkey recipes.
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, we have you covered. We even have a few dairy-free ground turkey recipes too. Ground turkey is a versatile, healthy option for everyday meals. It is low on fat, flavorful, and affordable.
Please read the entire post for tips and tricks to ensure a perfect recipe every time. And don't forget to tag @peelwithzeal on Instagram so we can admire your creation!
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Before we get into all our great ground turkey recipes let's get a few ground turkey basics out of the way.
How to Store Ground Turkey
- Refrigerator- Fresh ground turkey can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in its original packaging.
- Freezing- Uncooked ground turkey can be frozen in its original packaging for 3 to 4 months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight. It is never recommended to thaw any type of meat on the counter. Perishable foods should never be thawed on the counter, or in hot water and must not be left at room temperature for more than two hours as the uneven temperatures can cause bacteria to develop.
- Dehydrating- You can even dehydrate cooked ground turkey for backpacking trips.
Both ground beef and ground turkey can be eaten as part of a healthy diet. Overall, turkey is lower in calories and fats. To lighten up your favorite beef dishes, try substituting ground turkey instead.
Ground turkey and ground chicken are similar in calories, fat, and other nutrients. Both are healthy options. Assuming they are from an equally quality source, turkey tends to be more affordable. Ground turkey and ground chicken can be used interchangeably.
Like all poultry dishes, ground turkey should be cooked to a minimum temperature of 165F degrees.
Tips and Tricks for Ground Turkey Recipes
When cooking ground turkey, here are a few of our favorite tips to ensure a perfect dish every time.
- Because turkey has less fat than beef, it can taste bland. Be sure to properly season your turkey. The proper amount of salt will bring out that natural turkey flavor everyone loves.
- Compared to ground beef, ground turkey needs more oil when browning or cooking to prevent sticking.
- Ground turkey, especially white meat, can get dry if overcooked. Cook only to 165F degrees.
Ground Turkey Breakfast Recipes
If I had to pick one favorite ground turkey breakfast recipe it would be this turkey Shakshuka. Full of flavor and a one pan breakfast idea perfect for weekends.
For breakfast on the go, I like to make a big batch of these Blueberry Turkey meatballs on Sunday and just grab a few in the morning as I head out the door. I pair it with my morning avocado smoothie for a filling breakfast.
Ground Turkey Lunch Recipes
By far my favorite ground turkey recipe on this list is this herb-infused turkey and kale soup. It is low-carb and packed with veggies. But most importantly, the pile of oregano gives it a unique flavor that is a step above your average chicken noodle soup.
This Thai turkey lettuce wraps recipe packs in a lot of flavor with just a few ingredients. Seasoned turkey topped with peanut sauce, fresh pineapple, and red bell pepper make this lettuce wrap such a fresh and tasty lunch. You might recognize this website, Carolyn is also the creator of our popular gluten-free-zucchini muffins recipe!
If lettuce wraps are your thing, this Chinese version is also a good bet. Chinese turkey lettuce wraps loaded with veggies and a dipping sauce that is to die for.
On the salad side of things, this healthy egg roll in a bowl is satisfyingly crunchy and easy to make.
Finally, this list of ground turkey lunch recipes would not be complete without a list of our favorite ground turkey chili recipes!
Best Turkey Chili Recipes
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili (you may recognize Sandy as the person who helped us with our Instant Pot instructions for our roast pork and apples recipe)
- Black Bean Turkey Chili
- Butternut Squash Turkey Chili
Ground Turkey Dinner Recipes
I am guessing dinner recipes is why most of you are here checking out this list. Ground turkey is versatile, so you will find inspiration from all corners of the world. There are so many delicious ideas, I couldn't pick one favorite.
Another veggie heavy option are these Mediterranean Style Stuffed Peppers.
This Turkey Chili Pie is topped with a gluten-free cornbread topping. It is comforting and delicious and a perfect weeknight bake the whole family will enjoy. Along the same lines, these Southwest Turkey Enchiladas are slamming good.
Looking for something more exotic but new to Indian cooking? This Curry Rice bowl is a great recipe for beginner home chefs. Great flavor without the investment in all the spices needed to make authentic Indian cuisine.
If you are in need of some good old American comfort food try these Turkey Meatloaf Skillets or these meatloaf muffins. As you might imagine, both work because turkey plus gluten-free makes it hard to make a standard loaf. But these recipes are excellent substitutes, if not better than the classic beef meatloaf.
No list of ground turkey recipes would be complete without a classic burger. Here are a couple of our favorite burger recipes.
Gluten-Free Turkey Burger Recipes
- Tomato Jam & Goat Cheese Turkey Burger
- Whole30 Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Ketchup
- Turkey Burgers with Zucchini and Feta
Dairy-Free Ground Turkey Recipes
Recipes that are gluten-free and dairy-free can be hard to find, or hard to make. These Ground Turkey Cabbage Rolls are the sweet spot of delicious and easy while being allergy-friendly.
Nothing is easier than a crockpot recipe, and this Turkey Bolognese with Zoodles does not disappoint.
Our last recipe is this hearty turkey meatball soup that is free from all common allergens, including gluten and dairy!
Do you have a favorite ground turkey recipe? Please share it in the comments!