Looking for healthy nachos? We have you covered with these paleo sweet potato and shredded beef nachos. Perfect game day snack that perfectly balances your need for sweet and spicy.
On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate myself a 3 on caring about the Super Bowl. Nachos, the halftime show, funny commercials and the puppy bowl make up all things Super Bowl in the Peel house. My new favorite nachos are these shredded beef sweet potato nachos. Go team!
Please read the entire post for tips and tricks to ensure a perfect recipe every time. And don't forget to tag @peelwithzeal on Instagram so we can admire your creation!
This post may include affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
They came about when I was trying to clean out leftovers I had from previous blog posts. What a gem I found! Healhty nachoes... um yes please.
This recipe easy to make your own but here are the ingredients for the base nachos.
- Sweet Potato Chips- We chose to use Jackson’s Honest because they use coconut oil rather than a seed-based oil. But you can bake your own homemade chips if you like.
- Shredded Beef- We are using our crockpot citrus shredded beef. It is one of our most popular recipes and makes great leftovers. You could also use grilled flank steak that has been diced or leftover pot roast.
- Paleo Cheese- Ok not really cheese. We skipped the nut-based quesos and went with our zingy horseradish cauliflower sauce,
- Avocado Drizzle- Our four-ingredient avocado sauce takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish. You can make it while the nachos are baking.
These sweet potato nachos are gluten, dairy and nut free, plus AIP compliant. Are you still on a Whole30 challenge? Yep, we have you covered!
Gooey, crunchy and spicy! Let’s make these now!
💭 Topping Ideas
There are so many options for healthy nachos. Avoiding cheese, sour cream and other calorie-laden low nutrient toppings is key.
Here are some of my favorite nacho toppings:
- Sunflower Seeds
- Cashew cream
- Hot Sauce
- Black Olives
- Black Beans
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Sweet Peppers
- BBQ Sauce
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper so you can slide the finished healthy nachos right onto your serving platter. I am being nice here. I am assuming you have the self-restraint to move them onto a platter before digging in. 😊
Start with warm ingredients, this means less time in the oven, and the chips stay nice and crispy. Meaning heat up your beef and cauliflower sauce separately before toping the chips.
Spread out the chips. Top with beef and then spicy cauliflower sauce. Broil until the top of the nachos get a little brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Top with your fresh ingredients or serve them on the side so your guests can create their own masterpiece.
I am going to woof these down while we watch the puppy bowl with our foster dog from RESCUEDohio. If this recipe was a hit let us know in the comments!
🥗More Game Day Recipes
Here are a few more of our favorite snacks for you to enjoy on game day!
Sweet Potato Nachos with Shredded Beef
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange sweet potato chips. Top with shredded beef and horseradish cauliflower sauce.
- Broil for 3-6 minutes. Keep a close eye, don't let the chips burn.
- Top with a drizzle of four ingredient avocado sauce, cilantro and scallions.