Refreshing Winter Salad with Beets, Grapefruit and Avocado
Winter Salad with Beets, Avocado and Grapefruit. Perfect for a Valentine’s Day brunch. Or a refreshing weeknight meal. Add grilled chicken for an entrée sized portion.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 side salads
- 3 c baby kale
- 1 sm head radicchio, leaves torn
- 2 med whole roasted beets, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, segmented reserve juice
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced tossed in grapefruit juice
- 1 c microgreens option, for garnish
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- flaked or finishing salt and pepper, to taste
- If the grapefruit does not give off enough extra juice to coat the avocado you can substitute lemon or lime juice.
- AIP complaint: Omit black pepper.